This thing won’t die. It has been hanging around since 1987. Almost blanket like to me when I was a boy and could barely pull it off the coat stand on tiptoes, it is now used along with other coats for many things.
It is like a map. The wear on the back accounts for its use as something to sit on, the heavy work of carrying game bags and even used as a stretcher.
The pockets have carried so much, like dutiful camels to a nomad, or faithful old mokes to the country pedlar. They’ve stashed away sandwiches to stave off hunger, flasks to bid the cold farewell and are now inhabited by a pair of binoculars and all things hound related.
Some parts are almost abstract expressionist nonsense.
Handwarmers made gloves defunct.
The time the hedges got the better of it.
Even in its faults, almost organic, useful additional pockets develop and appear.
To give life…
The Rugged Club.
- glengarrysportingclub likes this
- rbjohn310 reblogged this from theruggedclub
- rbjohn310 likes this
- fuckyeahsteelydan likes this
- anthroguymfc reblogged this from theruggedclub
- niceguy-naughtythoughts reblogged this from theruggedclub
- snumber reblogged this from thornproof
- snumber likes this
- ihssanabukhalaf reblogged this from theruggedclub
- nicovodka likes this
- amadeus likes this
- glisteningpeaks reblogged this from theruggedclub
- blwsk likes this
- thekingofscottdale likes this
- sashu likes this
- kccousa likes this
- thesixthduke likes this
- thesilentist likes this
- barbour likes this
- nicenostalgia likes this
- pabblog reblogged this from thornproof and added:
- pabblog likes this
- watchedout reblogged this from thornproof
- muenchnerschuhe reblogged this from thornproof
- warhorseworkshop likes this
- cmoss00 reblogged this from thornproof
- thornproof reblogged this from theruggedclub
- rightspecs reblogged this from theruggedclub
- thornproof likes this
- theruggedclub posted this